Shital's-Kitchen: Double Batata

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Double Batata

Batata means potato in Kutchi :) So basically this recipe is a simple potato fried twice. It is my dads favorite recipe and he came up with this name calling it Double Batata. He would always ask my mom to make double batata for him instead of simple french fries. Fried twice, potato gets crispier and tastes delicious with spices and lemon.

Since I found the baby potatoes, I thought of making my dads favorite snack :)

You could also use regular potatoes. wash and peel them and cut them into large pieces.
Since I had these baby potatoes, I did not peel them. Instead, just washed and scrubbed them well with my potato scrubber :) It is so cute, isn't it?

Heat oil in a frying pan and fry potatoes till it turn slightly golden brown.

Drain excess oil on paper towel and let the potato cool.

Use another paper towel to place it on top on the potato gently press it to flatten it.

Press it as thin as you like but avoid crumbling it.



Deep fry flattened potatoes again for a minute or 2 till it turns crisp.

Drain the oil well and rest of paper towel too.


Immediately sprinkle salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
(Avoid coriander powder if you are using it for fast)

Squeeze fresh lime over each potato. It will help spices to stick onto the potato too.

Garnish with cilantro.
 Serve and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment