Shital's-Kitchen: Stuffed Mushroom

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Stuffed Mushroom

Mushrooms are rich in nutrients and great for weight loss :) But, I love their flavor and texture specially when they are sauteed or oven roasted. Mushroom and spinach together is a great combination. Before some days I made grilled quesadilla with spinach and mushroom filling. They were amazingly delicious!

After we studied the unit of fungi and plants in school, I conducted a cooking lab in my science class for kids to identify and get their hands on plants. My students had to make spinach and mushroom quesadillas :) Such a fun time they had and they loved the food they made!  Will share the recipe soon.

Yesterday I got a pack of large button mushroom, baby spinach and feta cheese. These three ingredients can create a delicious appetizer or a healthy dinner.

Give them a quick rinse or just wipe them to get rid of dirt.
Do not soak mushrooms in water for a long time.

Get the stacks off.

Use a melon scooper or jalapeno corer or just use a spoon to open up the mushroom by removing the black gills inside.





Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pan. Saute finely chop onions and garlic till they slightly caramelize.



Meanwhile, wash, spin dry and roughly chop spinach.


Add 4 cups of chopped spinach and 1 tsp. salt. 
Mix and let spinach wilt.

You could also add ground pepper.
Cook for 3-4 minutes and let the mixture cool.

Lay your clean, scooped mushrooms in a baking tray. 
You could grease the tray with olive oil. I did not.

Fill each of the mushroom with spoonful of spinach mixture.


Top them with cheese of your choice. I like feta cheese. It roasts well and has a grest crumbly texture and salty taste.


Bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.


Try this out and you will surely love mushrooms!
Happy Cooking!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow love it.my daughter hates palak but loves mushroom so i think this is the best way i can make her eat palak without any fuss.thanks darling. Love u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am sure your daughter will love it. Involve her in cooking too :)
      Happy Cooking!!
      Shital :)

      Delete
  2. mushroom and cheese.. a great combination together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the pav bun..it tasted so good.lovely.thank you.my family enjoyed it..

    ReplyDelete