Shital's-Kitchen: Carrot and Avocado Salad

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Carrot and Avocado Salad

 #MyPlate, a complete well balanced meal recommended by USDA http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Yes, specially for vegetarians, where protein intake is very less, I have been making efforts to add protein to my family's diet and cutting down onto carbs. Even adding lot of veggies to the plate is helping reduce the amount of carbs, giving a full and satisfying meal.

Last weekend my husband and I worked out at the gym. Burnt calories, felt refreshed, and had a healthy meal. Carrot and Avocado salad was born out out of the necessity. I had not planned to add this recipe to the blog. But believe me, it tasted so good that I felt I should share this recipe with everybody. I apologize for not having step by step pictures for this recipe.

We all know how Avocados are good for health and I am so addicted to the delicious taste, that I always have 2-3 avocados in my kitchen for a quick avocado snack or an avocado roti wrap. Yes, I just love them!!

When I presented this complete meal to my husband, he was just WOWed. He did not expect me to cook all this after a workout. In fact, I feel so refreshed, that I enjoy cooking and eating healthy after all those calories burnt. :) As soon as my husband ate the first spoonful of salad, what he said was, "MAST' which means, 'too good' or 'delicious'. YES... YES... YES... I did it... I made him eat avocado which was not in the form of guacamole. He just loved it!!

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado cut into cubes.
1 cut shredded carrot
1/4 cup choppied onion
1 chopped tomato
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
Juice of a 1/2 fresh lime
Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients well and serve :) Yes it is just that easy!! The beauty of this dish is the fresh, crisp, shredded carrot with soft, ripe, avocado. Ripe avocado with salt and lime, form a dressing over shredded carrot. I am sure you will love it!




Enjoy this Hearty Avocado!!

2 comments:

  1. hi shital ur moth beans have sprouted so well however i do mine wont, how did u sprout them and which brand did u use. TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. चांगले ब्लॉग शितल बेन माझे ma'm ( Doli savliya ) नेहमी खालील . प्रत्येक दिवशी नवीन पाककृती द्या .
    तो ठेवा
    धन्यवाद

    ReplyDelete