Shital's-Kitchen: Spicy Edamame Noodles

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Spicy Edamame Noodles

I have realized eating a well balanced meal and exercising aids in weight loss. Yes, that works for me! Since the time I have added protein to my meals, I am feeling more fresh and energetic. Although I love my carb noodles, they makes me dull, lethargic, lazy, and top it all bloated and increases my weight. Few months back I tried these gluten free edamame noodles at my cousin's place. She mixed this pasta with pesto sauce and it just tasted amazing. After having a large bowl she revealed the secret. Yes, these are totally gluten free, and protein rich. I have used Garbanzo bean pasta and lentil and quinoa pasta before and now there is edamame noodles to enjoy! Happy me!!



With lots of veggies and protein rich noodles this dish was so delicious and healthy :) Believe me I enjoyed it so much and not a single ounce I put on :)

Ingredients: (serves 3-4 people)
1/4 cup each of julienne green beans, carrots, bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, shredded cabbage, sliced onions,
1 tbsp. minced ginger
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2-3 tbsp. Schezwan sauce
2-3 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. soy sauce (optional)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper powder (optional)
2 cups of boiled edamame noodles
Garnish with spring greens
  • Boil handful of edamame noodles as per the box instructions and keep them aside.
  • In a wok heat oil, add onions, ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
  • Add other veggies except cabbage and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. (I do not like mine over cooked and mushy)
  • Add vinegar, soy sauce, schezwan sauce, salt, and pepper.
  • Add shredded cabbage and boiled edamame noodles.
  • Mix well and toss noodles and veggies well on high temperature.
  • Garnish with spring greens and serve with schezwan sauce in the side.
 Here is step-step pictorial recipe:
Boil handful of edamame noodles as per the box instructions and keep them aside.
Since it was a big box, I just used noodles that would fit in a cup.



In a wok heat oil, add onions, ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
Add other veggies except cabbage and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. (I do not like mine over cooked and mushy)
Add vinegar, so sauce, schezwan sauce, salt, and pepper.


Add cabbage and boiled edamame noodles.
Mix well and toss noodles and veggies well on high temperature.
Garnish with spring greens and serve with schezwan sauce in the side.


Yum Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment